View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
RIP Nigel Watson.

Everything I've read and seen makes me think he genuinely had good intentions and was indeed a good friend to Peter. That 2003 article even says it was Nigel who initially set up the PGO. It's a shame (and perplexing) the Man of the World documentary some years ago didn't delve into that period. Perhaps it couldn't for legal reasons. I might be off the mark, but I'd be less trusting of his sister. I don't know how much of an involvement she had with Peter in the 2000's.

On another matter, that article references £30,000 a year earnings. I do hope that doesn't include royalties. I had imagined PG would be taking in much more than that.
Yes, I do seem to remember we speculated at the time (in those deleted threads) that Peter was very much Nigel's ticket out of manual labour, and he couldn't sustain the fame without Peter. You could imagine him pushing Peter to perform more, record more, and spending more than he should, and needing more money coming in. That is just idle speculation though.

As for Michele Davis/Reynolds or whatever her name is, I guess the history is certainly there in terms of Clifford Davis. Didn't she get the rights to Peter's music after divorcing Clifford? Speculation again though.

Despite the £30,000 a year earnings, there was one interview in Splinter Group days when it was mentioned that Peter arrived in a Jaguar (although that may have been Nigel's?).

It is another one of those FM stories where we won't know the truth and everyone will have their own version of the truth anyway.

Oh and an old interview off of the net I was just reading:

http://www.musicdish.com/mag/?id=4778