View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Whereas by the time they'd reached the final version the emphasis of the title line seems to have softened and become more drawn out- rather than being 'confrontational' it's more; have me in your thoughts, whatever you're doing- keep me in mind. This what makes it interesting when you subsequently look deeply at the biting lyrics.
I do think the Think About Me chorus is more of a pretty crooning in the final version. On the other hand, I think the way Lindsey yelps his interjections is rather demanding and a little mocking. You spend all day indulging yourself, think about ME every little once in a while. So, in the final version, I see both sides of it. A charming bi-polarity. And it's in keeping with the way Christine's songs call someone out, from Say You Love Me to Little Lies. The melody of the songs sound light, even happy and are not incriminating as the words actually are. SYLM sounds like a love song, but she's saying, I know I'm being played. I think Think About Me has some of that, final version and I agree with you that the alternate version is more strident, straightforward, less yielding.

Hey, if I'm the one you supposedly love, think about my feelings.

Michele