View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I had to look that up again, which is as good an indication as any of its lasting power in the memory.

Fleetwood's message to everyone is: "Buy me because of what I used to mean to you." But they don't measure up musically to what they used to mean to us. If people think I'm being ageist about this, I'm not at all. My honest view is that this band is now musically very weak (excusable) and inclined to characterize its cash grabs as beautiful, soul-fulfilling craft (inexcusable and laughable). Fellow ledgies who adore what they're hearing from Fleetwood Lack are under absolutely no threat from me and my good taste.

(Ledgie: "Then why are you here?") I'm here for the White, Rumours, Tusk, and Live deluxe sets! Best music we've heard in decades from them.
You are right, of course. We all want from them what any of them is unlikely to give. Their last several tours were fueled on aether.

But I did and do love Buckingham/McVie (excepting the terrible opening song). I keep coming around holding out hope there will be another studio collaboration between those two.