View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I had to look that up again, which is as good an indication as any of its lasting power in the memory.

I don't know, I'm just peeved and aggrieved that he does these things (and secondly that Fleetwood Mac does these things). They don't mean anything musically. What is all this talk about Mac reuniting for one of those fogies-in-the-desert festivals where rock megastars rely on anonymous musicians to play a set of fifty-year-old hits? There's no musical point to that. In fact, there's no difference between showing up on American Idol or reunion concerts at Coachella (Classic Southwest?) and selling used cars. In both cases, you're buffing up the old clunker for sale to nostalgia-driven buyers, and Botox is the wax. (I thought our recent discussion about Lindsey's face work was hysterical because how else do you expect to present a nostalgia act? He can't go out there with just clean hair and possibly expect to appeal to Gen Z TV watchers.)

Fleetwood's message to everyone is: "Buy me because of what I used to mean to you." But they don't measure up musically to what they used to mean to us. If people think I'm being ageist about this, I'm not at all. My honest view is that this band is now musically very weak (excusable) and inclined to characterize its cash grabs as beautiful, soul-fulfilling craft (inexcusable and laughable). Fellow ledgies who adore what they're hearing from Fleetwood Lack are under absolutely no threat from me and my good taste.

(Ledgie: "Then why are you here?") I'm here for the White, Rumours, Tusk, and Live deluxe sets! Best music we've heard in decades from them.
Ha ha very true. I think we all love to live in the past on this board. And yes sometimes its fun when we share our old memories of younger days

These oldie acts do these shows to stay relevant and to make money. In today's digital age, the amount of people buying the download of Go Your Own Way after the show can at least pay Lindsey's family car insurance for the month

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-06-2021 at 05:09 PM..