View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Gold Dust Woman is flawless musically and vocally. Is it just me or Lindsey played this song with more guitar riff back then.
You mean the wah pedal? Sometimes I hear more wah and sometimes less. Maybe it has something to do with hearing more prominent wah in the levels when the band was playing indoors. I think some 1977 shows were actually outdoors in university stadiums.

Quote:
It annoys me Stevie mixing up the verses and she flubs the second line which is one of the best ever: Heartless challenge....pick your path and I'll pray.
She also flubs a line in “Angel” on the new package. The first time I played it, I wondered why the heck they grabbed a show with a botched lyric. But the second time I played it, I actually got a big kick out of it because it immediately took me back to all those Mac shows I remember where Stevie botched a line. I remembered that it was standard operating procedure for Stevie in my big concertgoing years and when it happened it seemed to drive her forward with a compensating energy, as it does here. Now I’m glad I have a flubbed line on the new album and I want to hug Bill Inglot (even though I want to kick him in the shins for screwing up eight or nine dates on the liner notes and wasting an entire full-page spread in the booklet with a photo of the audience).

Quote:
I love that line because everything in life is about picking paths. I just cant make up my mind about this. Its just too perfect so there must be a scratch or imperfection to make it real. Or missing this key line ruins a flawless masterpiece.
I am happy with this GDW and the one on the Rumours Deluxe, wherever that comes from. The one from Nashville is pretty atrocious but the Paris rendition is witchy and stately and very precise. That said, my favorite has probably always been from Osaka at the end of the tour — band was on fire that night with incendiary Second Hand News and Go Your Own Way and Oh Daddy, and Stevie delivered the goods on Rhiannon, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, and her backing vocals. If Warner Records decided to release a full Osaka concert, December 4 1977, I wouldn’t complain to anyone.

moviekinks.blogspot.com