View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
What's her aversion to playing "Sara"? It's such a great song in concert. I've only heard it once (last SYW show), but the way it builds makes it a way better concert song than "Gypsy" by far. Plus, it was the bigger hit between the two. I hear "Sara" way more than "Gypsy" when I venture out into the world.
Sara was a setlist staple since 2004 SYW Tour. It only left the set in 2014 because she swapped it for Seven Wonders, but then brought it back for the end of the OWTS Tour.

As for why she didn't do it in 2018 and 2019, I think Sara live was such a Stevie and Lindsey act where they'd sing to each other ("I'd stay home at night..."), she'd sing "All I ever wanted..." at his mic and then they'd butterfly kiss at the end. Same for why she didn't do Silver Springs in 2018/2019 (which hadn't left the set since 2009 until the 2018 Tour), she wasn't going to turn her mic at Neil and sing "I'll follow you down."

The only reason she did Sara one time solo for Soundstage in 2007 was because the producer wanted it on film, since FM didn't do it for their 2003 Boston performances that he filmed.

I hear Gypsy way more than Sara on FM radio and Sirius. It could be that it's a faster and shorter song than Sara. Also, the music video tied to the song was colossal in the 80s.