View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I have read in many sources that Mick didn't let her to include Silver Springs in Timespace, and that was the last straw for Stevie. She left Fleetwood Mac then.

But I read once that it was not necessarily Mick, but Warner Bros Records who didn't let her include Silver Springs, and that Mick actually couldn't do anything to help her. I don't know if this may be true.
Stevie has said that herself. Watch her Timespace interviews on Youtube where she says just that. I left the band officially over not getting Mick's approval for Silver Springs. My point though is not to rehash that debate: could Mick do this or was it Warner? It's Mick's pettiness. Even if he could not officially give permission (lets pretend), you would think he would say..... yes! You stayed with this band when everyone told you to quit and you made me lots of money. But no. Its always pettiness of Silver Springs, Bob Welch royalties, or not taking a phone call 20 years after Weston had an affair with his wife he divorced many years earlier. You can connect the dots from these petty actions to the firing of Lindsey. When he is sulking and out of money he will be petty and greedy.