Thread: Get Tusked
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love The Ledge. I feel a part of it. I don't even mind people that disagree with me. I love a few of you that I've gotten to know outside of the board.
What irritates me is when people tell you what you should or shouldn't express because they don't agree.

Back on Topic. I'm half way through the book. (I'm reading 3 damn things at one time. Which is usually the case when I get bored with one book.)
So far there's not a lot we already don't know. It's just from Ken and Hernan's POV. Let me sum it up.

Christine's songs are solid and everyone loved recording them. Especially, Brown Eyes and Never Forget. Dennis was around a lot. He let Ken drive his car. Dennis drank and drove fast cars a lot. Christine was in love. Christine had a lot of keys pulled from Lindsey's songs because he wanted raw.

Stevie was becoming a superstar, and LB and Mick weren't giving her the recognition she deserved. That lack of attention pushed her even harder. So she started writing on her own with Tom Moncrieff. Songs that ended up on Bella Donna were written. She slept with a lot of people. Including Hernan, Mick and Dennis.

Lindsey was taking over as musical director for the band which caused conflict with Ken and Mick. However, he didn't know how to communicate what he wanted from the band. And the band didn't know what he wanted. The result was rockabilly and punk sounds that didn't make sense to Ken. Lindsey's mood goes from 0-100 in 10 seconds. Lindsey fired Hernan and then hired him back.

Mick went along so he could collect a paycheck and eventually go bankrupt.
John did what he was told and left.

In the end it all worked out because it sold 4 million units.

THE END
Thanks for the cliff notes version of the book. Now I don't have to buy and read it

Now for your comments on the ledge. I was a lurker for a VERY long time before joining. I regret not being here for those early years. Each of us are drawn together from all over the world for one purpose - sharing our opinions about everything Mac related. We all have different opinions on what we like OR don't like about the Mac (and its members). I have engaged in some great debates here but always with respect. However there were a few times and a few members where its senseless to engage them because they cannot handle such a debate. Having said that, I will share my top 3 crazy moments from the ledge.

Had a lively debate with the former moderator from Italy (her screen name escapes me). I actually forget what we were debating about the Mac. I got threatened by 2 or 3 members here that I had "no right" to engage her in any such debate. They thought I was out of bounds to dare question her about something Mac related. Really? How crazy was that? Our debate was civil and not personal and no name calling, etc.

Once a member posted something in chit chat about the passing of their loved one. I responded and tried to comfort them. Another member then responded to me and cast me to hell with religious cursing quoting the Bible. Yeah, how crazy was that?

When Lindsey was fired, it set off a firestorm on this site (deservingly so). When the tour was announced many were skeptical about the success of the tour. I responded with my opinion that it was obvious it was going to be very commercially successful. Stevie just came off her most successful solo tour with sold out arenas, etc. Well, that just set some members off. One member was so upset that I predicted a successful tour that he openly posted he was leaving the board because of me and my post predicting a successful tour. And he was a long time member. The tour ended up being one of their most successful world tours ever.

Now those are my top 3 least favorite moments of the ledge.