View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its the perfect example of how cash grab concert promoters have no clue except filling seats. Let's put 2 big artists together in a stadium. Each artist does different kind of music but they can each share the stage for a song together.
Billy actually worked on SDMHA. But Stevie sounded like a cat trapped in a microwave during Billy's ballad. Its not her fault. Billy has no duets and tried to make her fit somewhere. It just does not work. Both look uncomfortable. While Billy was having fun during SDMHA he still had a look of unease. But at least he did walk on her stage unlike the douche Rod Stewart.
The worst part of all of this is all the great songs Stevie ignores on her tours and we get this instead. She does not have many tours left in her and we're still getting Free Falling and Petty tributes.
Sad
Poor Billy. It sort of reminds of that Laverne and Shirley episode where during the Shotz talent show they had to find something for the boss's son to do in someone else's act. Maybe We Didn't Start The Fire could have used some cowbell or something?
Agree with almost everything in this thread. I've boycotted the band since Lindsey's firing and felt so much anger about everything associated with them; nevertheless, I briefly considered going to this show in Philadelphia, but after seeing the clips, I definitely won't. From the yelling of the lyrics, half-assed job on Eo17, TIRED and boring setlist, lumbering around on-stage like you're scared you're going to break something, TP tribute, which at this point has become ghoulish, and overall malaise of the performance--hard pass. She looks uncomfortable and embarrassed to be working as an opening act, (I know--we're pretending it's not like that ), and the duet on Billy's song was downright painful to watch. Christine's passing has been so hard, and I'm still so angry with Stevie that I don't think any tribute to our beloved Christine would please me, but I found "Landslide" underwhelming and not right. Rant over. Sorry. I'll end with someone's very wise words of, "You've ruined the band of my life," and just leave it at that.