View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I voted for Chris. However Billy has the best song on the album (Back of my mind). He also has the worst song on the album (Hard Feelings). Chris has the best album single track (Save Me). She always brings great songs. Rick is fine but Stand On The Rock almost seems like padding. I dont like Second Time or Affairs of the Heart at all. You can hear the klonopin in Stevie's voice on those songs and its sad. By 1990 I was tired of hearing of these stairs and hallways from Stevie. Also that line about its better to have loved and lost then never have loved before.....has this not been a recycled line from her? Freedom is good but it could have been better. It should have been a rocked out song but it seems they are holding back.
While not successful in the States, I love the music even on songs I dont care for like Stand On The Rock. The album shines because you can hear that great Mac rhythm section humming again. Good grief Chris is playing keyboards again. All those things mostly missing from Tango. The band is really sounding really good on this album. I like the title track BTM but I can never understand why I dont love it. I think it has great lyrics. But something about the tempo of the song drags it. Maybe thats not it either. Its a good song but I can never understand why I dont love it like the other Chris songs. Love is Dangerous is a great song with Rick. So I guess each singer had at least 1 good song including the new guys. Chris just runs away with it though.