View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I buy this. But her hurt and jealousy do not excuse her anger. She used all of her star power to present Fleetwood and the McVies with an ultimatum she and Irving knew their greed would never allow them to challenge. They accepted her terms for tour $. She got to rewrite her role in the band history (as her PR team continues to do with those effing Showbiz Cheat Sheets) and, well, they all turned their back on the man who did the heavy lifting for decades.

Listen, Stevie’s persistence and star power are phenomenal. In many ways, her constant maneuvers to stay on top since 1997 have been equally as impressive as the musical legacy she exploited to stay on top after her comeback. I won’t deny her the achievement or the right to explore it.

But she has used that very power to hurt the band who furnished her stardom. She could argue that she is the sole reason the larger public even still thinks about Fleetwood Mac. She’s not wrong. For most, she is the face and voice of the band. People talk about her singing even in songs where she isn’t the lead singer. Most of the public is obtuse that way. But she basically destroyed the band to get her way. And felt she had the right and power to do so.

She had the power — this much we know.

But for me the bottom line is this: Buckingham/McVie and Buckingham’s latest solo album are more creative and original than anything she had done in decades. I say this as a fan of IYD.
AMEN!