View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 04:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
There is zero chance of this setlist ever happening with Lindsey. I think he would agree to do Oh Well and he might even be on board with playing on Stevie doing the BMW cover and Chris doing something from her pre-75 catalog. But there’s no way Lindsey was singing Hypnotized, Tell Me…, and Stop Messin’ Around and not doing Go Your Own Way. Also, Stevie seems to not even acknowledge the existence of I Don’t Want to Know.

I think Lindsey would have 100% been on board with broadening the setlist for a 2018 tour, he just would push for the 75-87, 97+ stuff that they did together. Look no further than the BuckVie tour where they did unearthed Wish You Were Here for its live debut 35 years after it was released and never played the most obvious LB/CM song: Don’t Stop (and World Turning for that matter).

You could make a great set with some key warhorses and rarities like Brown Eyes, Angel, Walk a Thin Line, That’s Alright, Book of Love, Wish You Were Here, Tango in the Night, Isn’t it Midnight, and hell, I hate this song, but I think a retooled, modernized, and less whassamattahbabayy version of When I See You Again would work.

Putting the stale setlist on Lindsey is laughable.
Buckingham has demonstrated a willingness to unearth some deep cuts on his most recent solo tours, but some of the least inspired setlists have happened under his watch: the Unleashed Tour only had "I Know I'm Not Wrong" and "Storms" and the On With the Show Tour only had "Sisters of the Moon", "Seven Wonders", and "I Know I'm Not Wrong" (the latter of which was swapped with "Bleed to Love Her", an admittedly decent selection). Buckingham certainly has influence in picking the setlist, particularly his own material, and there are multiple songs of his that appear on nearly every setlist: Big Love, I'm So Afraid, Never Going Back Again, Tusk, and Go Your Own Way. Add "The Chain" and "World Turning", both of which Buckingham prominently sings on, that leaves very little room for any deep cuts within a Fleetwood Mac setlist.