View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB`s best work? 2 questions!

Lindsey stated that his recent work on Say you will was the best work he ever did in and outside of Fleetwood Mac. We've been discussing the ranking of the entire albums and his guitar playing. Perhaps this has been discussed too, in this case I did not recognize it:
Say you will is now out for nearly 10 weeks and most of us know his contributions to the album a lot longer through the GOS project. Now we've listened to it over and over and I am wondering how I and all of you rate his songs from the last album in this career context. I used the following method: I listed 10 songs (FM and solo) which I would chose at the moment. If I now had to make a LB CD of 10 songs to take it on the famous island... And the result? Are there really a lot of SYW songs among our 10 favourites? And by this- is he right- is it the best work? Or was it euphemistic, just a promotional statement? I did not rank these songs. I just wrote down 10 tracks in no particular order. Here they are:
I`m so afraid (live)
Big love (studio)
You do or you don`t
Down on rodeo
Soul drifter
Red rover
Say goodbye (GOS version)
The ledge
That`s all for everyone
What makes you think...

On my list there are 3 songs from the GOS/SYW era. I probably would rate his recent work right behind Tusk and besides Out of the cradle. What about you?

The other question is: Is there a song on SYW that catches new fans? In another thread on the Rumours board somebody stated that a lot of fans seem to have been caught by the song Big love. He/she called these fans attracted by TITN "second generation fans". Now is here a "new generation grabber" song on SYW?

Personally I don`t think so because of the lack of media/radio appearance compared to f.e the TITN era back in 1987.
What are your rankings and impressions?