View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
For reals? What about "Sarah?" And all those interviews about her regrets about not having a baybeh? I dunno, I think that's all genuine. I think that there are more than a few women out there who just feel like their time ran out and wish they could turn back the clock.
I'm sure it was genuine at the time, but I'm not sure it was a huge, overriding passion like her career was. And I'm sure she does feel like her clock ran out. But I've read more than a few interviews where she's said that motherhood wasn't really her deal.
My take is, that she regrets it, but not enough to have changed what she actually did. Otherwise she would have changed what she did. Maybe she even regrets it quite a bit, but she made the choices she made, and I don't think she regrets what she actually accomplished. She's always said she wouldn't trade her life. I dunno, I think she regrets it, but what she actually did goes a long, long way to offset her sorrow about it. And I'm sure it stings more as she gets older, and all the boys are having kids. Like if she could have a kid now, she would. But I really don't think she would have traded her career at the time for a child. I mean, she didn't. And I think if she looks back, she probably thinks "well, hindsight is 20/20, but at the time I didn't think it was right, so it probably wasn't. Maybe I could have made different choices, but I was living my life, and those are the choices I made, and good things came from those choices, too".
hehehehe. Plus, everyone she knows has kids, so, she's like an aunt a million times. But she gets to give those kids back at the end of the day. Except Jess, she lived with Jess the whole time she was growing up, and Jess is a blood relation, so I'm sure that was pretty fulfilling for her.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -