View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Great collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmuseum View Post
Thanx.
At last I've heard them all! Great initiative from Salvo or whoever that got the idea in the first place. My heart sank a bit at the beginning though because of the battle to get the cd's out of the case without breaking and bending them - not to mention putting them back in again. Maybe we should listen to Don Browns advice!

My first impression was how nice it was to be able to listen to the Fleetwood Mac tracks without Jeremy's and Danny's songs. (No offence meant, because they should also be given the chance to "shine on their own" some time). Anyway - it is great now to be able to listen to Peter Green and hear the development in his music (apart from the End of The Game numbers which is strangely left out but pretty important in the big picture). The sound is very good as many of you point out too. I had never heard the Peter Bardens tracks on disc 2 before so that made me happy as well!

Even though it is ok as it is I am still baffled about the choise of "order" of the tracks, and would have liked to have been given a reason for that in the sleeve notes. Also it would have been great to hear more about Peter's involvement and thoughts about the selection proces.
The sleeve notes by John Crosby are good and thorough and I like the way he brings "world history" into it at the beginning. The booklet also include bits from an "e-mail interview with the writer". I presume the one being interviewed is Peter Green.

The picture on page 37 is said the be from FM's debut at The Windsor the 13th of August 1967, but I think that is wrong. I think it is from Hyde Park 24th of August 1968 (Danny is in the picture). Cussion posted a picture from that event on the Pre-Rumours site some time ago. I also think the picture on page 19 is more likely to be from the summer of 69 (than 68) and the picture on page12-13 from late summer 1968 not 67 (just for the record).

Ms Moose