View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmthngOfADreamr View Post
I will say it's almost unfathomable that in those 25 years we only got one more full album from them and even Christine was mostly missing from that. 14 year old me wouldn't have ever believed that at the time. What a waste of talent...
We got two full albums

None of how it played out was a huge surprise for me, which is why I wished at the time that Mick and John had just stuck with Bekka & Billy. I get it. The "Rumours" band is where the money is and is what people generally associate with the name Fleetwood Mac. (In retrospect, it's not like Bekka did anything with her career beyond being a backing singer and songwriter after Bekka & Billy, which is disappointing.)

Christine leaving? She'd already retired from the road at the end of 1990 and her "Time" songs made it obvious she was leaving the band. I was more surprised that she did The Dance than I was her retiring, but she went out on top, which she deserved (although I suspect it was the final nail in the coffin for her marriage).

The output we got from the band was only slightly less than what I thought we'd get, which was three albums. Two albums and an EP wasn't too far off the mark. Lindsey's extremely low productivity didn't inspire confidence. Now, that it's Stevie who's been holding things up is the actual thing that's surprised me.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-24-2022 at 03:58 AM..