View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Ledgie

Heck yeah I remember that mall and that store...my future sister in law worked for the one in Laurel Mall in Connellsville, where I graduated from in 1990. I also loved that album. I have been listening to "The Second Time" a lot lately just having lost my jr high sweetheart to suicide, we started dating in 1986. We used to go to Westmoreland Mall at Kaufman's and wait all night in the parking lot for Ticketmaster to put tickets on sale at 10 the next morning. You made friends then everyone was so cool. We'd take turns going to Eat N Park lol....man I miss those days....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Earlier this month BTM turned 28. Does anyone feel old yet? Today is Earth Day and that's when it hit me today. I bought BTM on Earth Day in 1990. The album was released in early April 1990.
I may be in the minority but I actually like most of the album. 8 songs are good to very good. Its a very cohesive group effort. I think Rolling Stone said it was the Mac's best "group" effort since Rumours. Tusk and Tango were hardly major group efforts. I actually like this album better than Tango (go figure). I love hearing Christine play keyboards again (something that I missed on Tango). No drum machines and no computer stuff either. Its straight forward rock. Half the album is not worth listening to but just over half of it is pretty good IMHO.
I bought it at Record Mart, Greengate Mall, Greensburg, PA. Gosh remember malls and record stores???? I bought the cassette and I really liked "In the back of my mind" from the first moment I heard it. It was a bit unconventional and it was so amazing how they encompassed all 3 vocalists at different times during the song.
There is an entire thread devoted to the cover. I am a fan of it too. You can analyze it all day and still discover more things. I think it portrays the band very good in a subtle way.
Flashback 1990. Ironically there was a major book by Dave Pallone that came out exactly the same time as the Mac's Behind The Mask. Pallone's book was also called Behind the Mask. His book was coming out as major league's baseballs first openly gay (retired) umpire. There was major promotion for the book and everytime I heard something on TV or radio about Behind the Mask, I thought it was going to be about the Mac and it was about Pallone.