View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
On the one hand, it’s a little disappointing that LBCM was the only new album when the possibilities seemed endless. A lot of what could have beens. Another Rumours band album, another LBCM album, an album with Finn and Campbell, and even a blues album with Mick, John, Rick, and Mike.

However, when I think back to when ITM was somewhat of a miracle, an album and three tours over the past eight years was a blessing. The last eleven years were quite the ride and while we all wish there had been more, her return, at least for me, gave a proper sense closure for Fleetwood Mac.
I raise a glass to this.

But, I see the last tour as a stain on the band's legacy. Without Lindsey, Rick, and Billy on the tour, I feel Jeremy Spencer should have been a special guest. The Eagles did it right with their 40th Anniversary Tour by bringing Bernie Leadon as a special guest and The Stones did it for their 50th with Mick Taylor.

I like Mike and Neil. They were fine performers at my shows. But they had no hand in the creation of the Fleetwood Mac music they were playing. I wish Chris' last tour featured an all FM setlist.

On With The Show is how I'll remember the end of Fleetwood Mac.