View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This thread had me watch the Everywhere video last week. Last night in bed while watching youtube, my smart TV recommended Isn't It Midnight from the same video. I have not seen in years so I played it. OMG. Its completely a video of live footage edited in. At no point while performing on stage will you see an audience. They show audience shots but its of the band walking and waving on stage. Even crazier is some of the same clips appear from the Everywhere video i.e. Stevie with her red hat talking to the back up singers and Rick and Billy coming down the stairs and waving. I was 17 when this came out and sadly I was fooled. At least Red Rocks showed the actual concert performance from a far with the real audience. The close ups were just shot and added later. Tango is ZERO live performance with splices of backstage, stage shots of the band not performing. The band is lip syncing and performing on stage while everything around them is edited in. Watch the link below. The audience is edited in. Also see the same clips from the Everywhere video. Were we all this dumb in 1987?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIEgh32s9mQ