View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi again!

ChiliD:
1) I was referring to the possibility for Peter going solo, starting a new project entirely on his own. Maybe "career" wasn't the right word but I feel that a step like that would require some original material. SG has this with its three songwriters, Nigel, Roger and Stroudie.

2)Things were quite different in the 60s.. Clapton, The Stones, Mayall, BB - all are legends. However, they deliver their own material today, for example Claptons "Reptile" album.

Mario:
Yeah, I heard about the demos with Peter's brother. I would love to hear it. Michael has proved his abilities as a songwriter before. Although a troubled period for Peter, his albums in the late 70s and 80s have strong material on them.

I also know that Rory Gallagher's brother, Donal, has asked if Peter was interested to put music to some of his lyrics. I don't know if anything has happened though.. Peter has also mentioned the material that is ledt from the "End Of The Game" sessions of 1970, and that he thought of doing some new overdubs on it now and maybe release some of it. Now that would have been something!! "The End Of The Game II"!!

By the way, I see that the "Peter Green leaves SG..." message on the official website is no longer there...

Daniel