View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am sure you do too, but I love one of the last Eagles concerts where they were threatening each other on stage over the Senator Alan Cranston fundraiser. Don and Glen were all for it while Felder was against it. The audio is hysterical "I will kick your ass once this show is over"

Some of my closest work colleagues who I would take a bullet for have opposite political views. Its just something we dont discuss. We agree on everything else though especially when it comes to work. Although politics does come up and there are times we yell at each other but we still respect each other afterwards.
IF I told you how many times I've watched History of the Eagles, I'd be embarrassed. At LEAST 50 times. Probably closer to 100 times. Watching Glenn in his younger days, I'm firmly convince he was a full blown DICK. It was his way or the highway. And Henley wasn't much better.

I have friends who have told me, "if we find out that you don't believe like we do, then we can't be friends". I think that's the most horrible thing anyone has EVER said to me. Fortunately, I'm not that political, so I just smile and let it roll off my back. I do regularly say things like, "you do you. Make yourself happy. As long as you're not bothering me, I don't give AF".
And they'll(the above couple) say, "yeah, we feel the same way".
It's ALL I can do, not to say, "no you don't! You're very narrow minded people, who refuse to accept opposing viewpoints! YOU'RE the problem!"

But I just sigh and drink my beer...