View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I'm not suggesting Bush knew anything in advance.
Well, I am.

Bush claims that it's an "absurd insinuation," but it certainly isn't; his administration had prior knowledge of an attack. The real kicker, though, is that they admitted it months ago!!! White House officials confirmed that they had warnings that Osama and his and his network were thinking up a scheme to hijack American planes and that it had been stated in numerous intelligence reports. Condie Rice received an "analytic report" with that information on August 6, 2001 (at Bush's home in Crawford!!), more than a month before the attacks. The same report said talked about Osama's methods of operation AND included mentions of upcoming hijackings. That report matched up with another intelligence report that Osama was trying to target the US and use US planes!

Before anyone says that it was just a threat and not a warning of 9/11, ponder this: all White House officials, cabinet members, and even Ashcroft, stopped flying in commercial aircrafts and leased private planes for the duration.

I'm sure Bush and his officials didn't know it would happen on Septemeber 11th, but they knew something would go down.