View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
sorry to hear about your cat , it is never easy .

In america a few years ago there was a massive recall of dog food it was all being made in china and they were adding fillers that caused immediate kidney failure , I did some research and found a local company that made human grade food for dogs and cat

I also at the time had a cat that was losing weight and nothing was showing up on every test , i thought i should then check his food , which was Science Diet a very highly recommended by veterinarian food , they changed their formula and well the second ingredient was cellulose (ground wood ) i changed his food and he lived to be 22 years old .

You want to believe you are feeding them something good , but here anything especially treats from the supermarket those brands are basically toxic and poison .
Thanks, I appreciate your solidarity.
The problem with these foods is that veterinarians recommend them for money and they don't know what actually is in the food.
The best would be feeding them with homemade food but it's very troublesome, time consuming and the necessary nutritional supplements are expensive and/or difficult to find. I had made some research for my cat but now it's too late.
However among those brands named by the Report were Royal Canin and Personal Trainer.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-14-2016 at 04:09 PM..