View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have always hated her look during this late 80s era. She looks way better during the dance era, all severe and stylish in black and toned-down makeup.
Now that is a bummer, since I took that photo in Germany in 1990 at a "Behind the Mask" concert in Essen.

I went there as a Stevie fan and got home as a firm believer that Christine McVie is a godess. Compared to what other female singers (and normal people) wore at that time, her stage clothes were quite tasteful. And she was a vision of elegance, something you would never believe if you saw just photos of her. She had the crowd after "Everywhere" and around me, everyone was as suprised as me how beautiful and spirited Chris was. Stevie who?

(Stevie was beautiful, but totally beside herself, she basically phoned it in, years later i read about her drug and medication horrors, yep, it was bad. I saw her again 13 years later and couldn't believe how much more lively and awake she was.)

Seing Christine standing on the left back side of the stage when Mick performed his drum solo, laughing her ass off with John, both basically rotfl, while Mick gave the madman is one of my most precious memories.

Sentimental memory overload....