View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
He sounded good on Don't Stop and World Turning.

I think the wrong Lindsey songs were chosen for him to sing.

If they had to do songs by Lindsey, I've already said Tusk should've been done, I think I'm So Afraid would've worked, and Eyes of the World.
with the caveat that i was not (of course!) at any Fakewood shows, from youtube vids i saw, i thought Neil Finn actually sounded great on SHN. i do agree that it had no spirit and heart, but singing was on point and way more similar to the record than Lindsey's more recent live versions. and i think recorded SHN and early live versions were perfection.

i'm assuming that you are being just sarcastic about Tusk, ISA and Eyes because there's no way you can be serious. those are suck typical LB songs, and if you didn't like Neil's version of SHN and MM you would have hated whatever he could do with those songs. who exactly would do the ISA solo or Eyes outro? both those are such typical Lindsey guitars and from what i've heard in vids neither of those 2 guitarists they contracted for Fakewood could "play it like Lindsey."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"