View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
So Christine’s comments about cocaine and champagne are making headlines. However, on rereading the interview, there’s a chance she may be getting misquoted. Here’s what she said:

“I always took fairly good care of myself. My drug of choice was cocaine and champagne. I didn’t use any other drugs at all. It’s easy for me to say, but I think it made me perform better.”

She might be saying because she didn’t use any other drugs, she played better. Or, who knows, maybe the old gal can give two f…s and decided to go against trend and celebrate her moderate cocaine and champagne use…

Thoughts?
I agree with her. It's been a couple decades since I've PLAYED while doing coke(I still play, but no longer with the coke guy!), but I always thought it made me better. Especially when you're doing it with a band mate(and in our case, keeping it from the other two band mates - giving each other that knowing wink during a song). god I miss those days!

AND....I definitely play better with a couple stiff drinks inside me. I used to play with a non drinking drummer, and he'd always say, "Man, I gotta tell you, most people only THINK they play better with a few drinks, but you really do play better!"

Don't judge......