View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
(...) it's an obvious fake as it even shows the wrong day of the week for that date. I've seen these fake posters advertised for a lot of money on the web, though it's certainly possible that many of the people selling them have no idea that they're fake.
thanks for getting back on these matters, sharky! well, i know at least one more (famous) reissue example from the catalogue of these vintage kieser-designed posters: a hendrix poster (see attached) announces a 1969 gig on january 15 in stuttgart - only thing is hendrix didn't play stuttgart but munich that night! both the hendrix and mac poster reissues were from later in the actual year, but produced strictly for commercial reasons (always with modified dates, cities etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Do we know for a fact that the band played three shows in Munich? I know that's listed on at least one source on the web but I have doubts as to whether it's accurate.
that's a good point, indeed! of course, i can't provide you with any real proof apart from what can be found on the net. but i can't imagine that these dates were simply made up. and even if the odd date was cancelled by the band on short term - concert ads are printed in advance . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hendrix fake poster.jpg (83.2 KB, 2 views)