View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie is responsible for their success because Lindsey got a job offer and she told him to take it? By that logic I’m responsible for Jeff Bezos’ success. I said, “Why don’t you try selling books, man?” And lo, I made him what he is today.

If Lindsey did not have a girlfriend who pouted every time he did a gig without her (oh why am I stuck in Aspen), maybe he would’ve been inclined to go out on the road more and would have garnered even more opportunities, without the albatross around his neck.

That Lindsey, If Stevie had not listened to those albums front to back and back to front, he’d be a bum looking for handouts on the corner today.
Lindsey, given a choice, would rather have continued with Buckingham Nicks. That “pouty girlfriend” was also his musical partner for a project he strongly believed in. Lindsey didn’t want to go out on the road as a sideman, he wanted Buckingham Nicks to be a headlining act.

However, the reality is Buckingham Nicks was over the minute Mick Fleetwood called Keith Olsen. If Lindsey had refused, Stevie would have bolted on him, because the reality was Buckingham Nicks got dropped and didn’t have anything going for them, beyond a few cities in the Deep South, except for the offer from Fleetwood Mac. Stevie understood the equation and wanted to join the viable band because she was tired of being a waitress. It was the offer of a lifetime, even at that stage in the band’s history. Lindsey was still clinging to the dream, but that dream wasn’t going to come true, at least not the way he wanted.

Stevie, as half of the partnership, was the one saying that it was in their best interest to suspend the partnership and merge what they had been doing into Fleetwood Mac. So, while his guitar playing led to the phone call, she was the one who forced the issue.

THE Stephen Hopkins