View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I however just don't think his music is anywhere near cutting edge on this vs. Go Insane album or even Tusk/Law and Order etc. The production also seemed a bit generic to me. This album was kind of a mess, in my opinion.
yeah your opinion is null and void mister

he was at his musical peak at the time. I will never ever get over that fact that the amazing most fantastic album ever by a FM member that was gonna be original Gift of Screws got watered down and drawn in the mess that's Say You Will. it's such a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I also thought it was a lost opportunity for B/N to really collaborate. She's on a different planet with her career compared to where he is. He wants to create and she wants mgmt to maintain her superstar status. PERIOD
i did think it was interesting that she already then didn't want to join and they were thinking will she or won't she. guess nothing really changed since, just became a downward spiral. even then she was focused on solely her name and how to become a legend in capital letters that she now 20 years later finally seems to have accomplished, while the rest of them were all band first.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"