View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
All good points. The only live versions of Think About Me I’d heard before were from the last FM tour with Lindsey, and I thought it was really well done. This version, perhaps I had higher hopes because it was from 1980 and I thought it would sound better. It’s not very tight and I’m disappointed in the ending- I love the harmonies and back up “ooh ooh ooh ooh” vocals, and this live version doesn’t have much of that. Second Hand News I’ve heard live many times, and this version is loud, more of a rock song, and I don’t know how to explain it, except to say it’s less catchy. The Chain, again I’m very disappointed in the ending. I’m sure the more I listen to it, the more I’ll come to accept the differences for positives, but my initial listen was disappointing. Really loved What Makes You Think You’re the One!

This was the first time I’ve heard Hold Me from 1982, and it was really well done! I thought it would a messy song to perform live, but they were pretty tight. I’m looking forward to listening to the other CD today.
Everything was a different sound back in the day. I call it arena rock. You cant even compare The Chain 1980 or 1982 to The Dance The Chain 1997. Its apples and watermelons. Of course Think About Me in 2014 is going to sound different than 1980. Technology changed and the Mac wants to sound like the studio in live shows these days.
Many of us (including me) much prefer this raw, unpolished, and arena rock sound. Your description of Second Hand News makes me want to hear the song and probably like it more with what you call it "Loud and a rock song" That sounds so good to me.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-13-2021 at 06:51 AM..