View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But this is Fleetwood Mac, not CH OR TOM PETTY.

It's not Ringo Starr's All Star Band!
No but it’s basically the Stevie Nicks All Star Fajita Roundup Band!

After firing Lindsey they were going to need to ensure that whatever press there was going to be saw the change as an upgrade or at the bare minimum keep things level. I think adding Neil and Mike accomplishes that. Going with Rick and Billy or even Billy instead of Neil wouldn’t quite have the same impact. I don’t think Neil’s name is that much of a household name in the US but as soon as you plug Don’t Dream It’s Over in the background of a news story announcing him in the band, a majority of the “tourists” who might want to “see a Fleetwood Mac show finally” will go “oh I love that song” etc. It just adds more legitimacy than going with Billy Burnette who really is not well known at all. It was different in 1987 - Lindsey had left and the band had a hugely successful album. I don’t think reuniting that era would really sound like a good (or more importantly, money making idea to Azoff) in 2018. Outside of us, that era of Fleetwood Mac post-Tango up through The Dance is largely forgettable to the general public (not to mention to the band itself).