View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I seriously thought many were going to flame me to call Stevie's best BTM contributions were back up vocals only

Lets talk about Billy's contributions. His 3 songs range from Excellent, good, and OMG

1. Back of My Mind is excellent. It should have been the opener. Its not commercial yet hooks the listeners in. The first time I heard the song, I loved it. I remember taking a girl to the Farwell concert in 1990 and playing the cassette in the car. Her first time hearing the song she exclaimed "I like that song." I love how they also feature Christine in the bridge.

2. Do You Know - his voice with Christine is like peanut butter and jelly. They go so good together. This is another I would sing in the car and try and harmonize with Chris and Billy. Good.

3. Hard Feelings - this is my least favorite of the album (yes even behind Second Time). I know it gets some love around here but I never could get into it. Billy is not a great singer and this song highlights that fact. Hate it.

On another note, Mick's drumming is really good on this album. Its crisp and profound. John's playing is really good and Chris plays away. This is the reason I like BTM better than Tango. Its less commercial, less synth pop and more playing and hearing that classic Mac sound.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-13-2022 at 06:41 AM..