View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 05:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

replying to Steviegirl:

These were the wild days when she had total sex appeal and could get away with crazy stuff on stage because of her looks. By the time RAL came around, her vocals were cokey, she just screamed and yelled, and her weight gain hurt her image. The Wild Heart tour was hit or miss with more hits. RAL was mostly misses. I've listened to most Wild Heart shows on youtube and pretty much think I saw the worst one. At times her vocals were cokey but there were times of really great vocals. Her decline started with Wild Heart shows. Bella Donna was fierce and strong vocals. But this time was the best with her going right up to the line of keeping control. She can be crazy but still belt out a pretty good vocal performance. IMHO her best years were 1980-1983
I've always wondered what happened to the Pro Shot Largo show post Gypsy. Maybe the tape was destroyed or maybe it was so bad it was destroyed on purpose . She started out really cokey. I believe they planned the entire Elaine thing making it a wow moment for the concert video. But I think she was too high to let it be released.
In any event, like you I wish there were more pro shot videos of this time but I am so thankful even for this grainy footage because of all things...it was WILD! She did the MC Hammer dance almost 20 years before MC Hammer

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-28-2022 at 05:30 AM..