View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Oh yes definitely. Coke was the fuel for many manic performances. By the mid 80s, it was ruining the performances but it was so bad it was sort of good in a twisted way. Then klonopin turned her into a zombie with passionless performances. Then she quit smoking and her voice got flat. Now she is just old.

I think her Gold Dust Woman performance at the Bob Welch and friends concert is one of the best ever. Totally coke fueled. Her speaking in tongues Sisters performance totally coke fueled. Even when she would speak to the audience in those days, her thoughts were one step ahead of her words and sometimes what she was talking about collided with what she was about to say and it made little sense. IMHO the best dancing she ever did on stage was at the end of How Still My Love on the Wild Heart tour. Benmont would play this solo near the end of the song and she would do this full body dance flapping her arms. It was insanely good. Coke fueled good times!

These were the days. How Still My Love was so good in those days. Its like her band slows down for her while she fetches a hat from the audience before the second verse. Incredible! Then she is so high she starts jogging in place at the mic near the end. LOVE IT. BTW, with the right mix of controlled substances, I can also do this dance and clap opposite the beat just like her.
It does not get better than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if0l...Vl-f0&index=13

Holy smokes. These are amazing. i thought I'd seen everything, but I've never seen these. Those were the days, indeed. If only these old films could be restored. Thank you so much for sharing.