View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
If my dad was a famous rocker who left me his gold or platinum albums when he died, the first thing I would do is sell them. Maybe Mick knows his kids have no interest in that stuff and has decided to cash in now and make the money part of their inheritance. Who knows? Would I do that, if I had gold or platinum certificates? No. But if they were my dads? Hell yeah I’d sell them. And selling his RRHOF trophy isn’t a big deal to me- whether he keeps the award or sells it or melts it for scrap metal or uses it as a door stopper, he’s still in the HOF regardless. It’s not an insult if he offers it for auction. The honor is still his, no matter what he does with the trophy.

At least the fans have a chance to buy the items.
Oh come on now

If Ye won a Grammy and melted it down and flushed it down the toilet you would say the same thing? Its not disrespectful since he still won it. How could you not think its tacky and disrespectful to the RRHOF. Whether you sell it, throw it away, melt it down and flush it, its all the same disrespect IMHO. Why bother to go to the ceremony if you treat their honor and gift with monetary greed. Clearly he thinks the RRHOF is no big deal now because he's not selling his Rumours Grammy. Its just more disrespect to the RRHOF and I hate the RRHOF. But the Mac was one of the first bands to get in so it did mean something back then especially the great lengths Mick went to make sure Bob Welch was not invited.

The record awards are not monetary in my book. Its more ceremony. I think they look so cool hanging on a wall especially today since albums dont really sell anymore. If you don't want such a music honor then donate them to the Hard Rock somewhere.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-21-2022 at 04:56 PM..