View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She was interviewed on BBC (2 I think?) a few years back, and she was asked a question along the lines of what advice would she want to go back and give to her younger self. And she said she would tell her younger self to (I'm paraphrasing) have more confidence and to remember that (and this is a quote) "you are CHRISTINE ****ING MCVIE"... So I took it that it was something either she came to realize after coming out of her countryside funk, or maybe someone close to her told her, ... not clear. But it was a message she had to remind herself of at one point in her time off. Clearly it stuck, and must have been something she shared with others because that piano cover would have been there for several tours after her return....
yes and it was a thing and a sign of respect for Chris on BuckVie tour. that she was a badass. i think the whole band had the shirts made saying that too, and at one of the shows either Chris or someone else wore it and either Brett or Jimmy made sure everyone in audience saw it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"