View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
I took a peek at my Kiln House LP and, unsurprisingly, it didn't say where it was recorded. Hopefully Mick's book will give some clues.
Where is Jeremy when you need him? Probably off in Norway recording more sweet blues licks with Liland & Co! I'm gonna have to ask a few old friends if I can track them down, as we need to fish this out once and for all.

I found a release date [for Dragonfly" b/w "The Purple Dancer] of March 5, 1971. Does that sound right?

Sounds about right, though these tracks may have been recorded during the previous year.

As for finishing this timeline, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma. I won't write up the stuff after Stevie and Lindsey joined.

Best left for another day, another time indeed.

Should I continue on and add solo albums and other works Pete, Danny, Jeremy, etc. released after 1974?

Well at least through the 70's if nothing else, since all of their early solo projects happened during that time period. After that it may become more "extraneous."

And what about Mick's albums, John's cd, and Christine's albums? I mean, they were in the pre-Rumours Fleetwood Mac.

Again, probably best left with a cut off date at the end of the 70's (imo). Christine Perfect is perfect, but not so sure about Mick's Zoo, as it is more associated with B&N era links and personnel. Others may see this in another way though.

I'm also considering adding albums John Mayall recorded, and personal information, like when the band members were married, but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in seeing that.

I wouldn't trail off too much on Herr Mayall either, short of noting his Bluesbreakers front as being the genesis and starting point of the Mac foundation. JM is a story all by his lonesome, one as diverse and roller-coastered in its telling as the Mac. That fire he suffered in '79 in Laurel Canyon here in SoCal could be a chapter all of its own! As for FM band members' marriages, I see no reason why not.

Inserts/lyric sheets, memorabilia and merchandise -- all good stuff, but may get a bit extraneous again, especially for a timeline. One need look no further than eBay for more on this of course. However Bob's "Fleetwood Mac" T shirt is signature cool as can be (he does it such modest and indentured justice).

We really need to get him one titled "Fleetwood Mac HOF Leftover"