View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You've been listening to Stevie too much, strand. She always did like to emphasize the sacrifice angle, whether about Fleetwood Mac or about her own career or about children & husband & lifestyle & all that, blah blah blah. Maybe she stuck with Fleetwood because she loved the excitement of such a huge band (which seems likely) or because she wanted to help her friend Mick earn some money or for some other reason. Regardless of the reason, it wasn't a sacrifice. She didn't give up a solo career; she had a lovely solo career simultaneously. Fleetwood Mac, after about 1980, didn't prove to be much of a time suck for Stevie: a couple of weeks spent laying down some vocals & then off she went, usually until a tour started. And Fleetwood didn't do a huge trek until 1990, by which time her solo career had most definitely waned (as had Fleetwood Mac's standing).

Personally, I don't like to hear any of them talk about their "sacrifices" in regards to participating in a megaband rolling in fame & fortune year after year. If that's a "sacrifice," nail me up.
I was responding to the previous posts lauding LB for sacrificing his solo record and Les' comment that no other member made such a sacrifice. Stevie has never said she sacrificed her solo career for FM. Rather, she said she was happy to return for Mirage and that her solo career solely was an outlet to get more than four or so songs released every three years. I think she was happy to return for TITN. I just was noting that if it was as bad as LB said and he had to leave because of that, then kudos to Stevie for having the willingess to and for sticking it out despite that drama and despite her post-addiction issues. I mean can you imagine giving up coke and then being thrust back into the world that revolves around it and the same world that you say caused the addiction. So, I gotta give it up for her. That took guts especially when she could have never returned at all.

Note: I, too, get tired of Stevie saying she gave everything up for her music, but that does not negate the fact that she did

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-04-2004 at 08:39 PM..