View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
However, he did expend a huge amount of orchestration on “Gypsy.” Who knows? Maybe he was in a better mood around her for a few weeks there — or he was challenging himself to arrange something right down to the ground and that happened to be the song on the reel-to-reel at that point.

I can’t help thinking he was doing something very deliberately in part because he knew she wouldn’t necessarily like it (something that was hugely different from her solo album vocals around that time). That’s not the same thing as trying to sabotage her, but it does involve his going ahead with what he wanted to do with production despite her wishes. And she flipped.
Maybe he realized early into the song, that he was creating a monster hit- that he was on to something big, and just decided to run with it. Same with Hold Me. The production on both is over the top!

He has always pushed her buttons. That's what got him fired. I'd like to push her buttons, too, because $he's annoying AF.