View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
One of my biggest regrets in life (serious no joke) was back in about the year 2000. Ebay was just getting huge and my first purchase from Ebay in 2000 was the video album/country club concert VHS tape. I saw another item. It was a cocktail napkin signed by Christine McVie. You could tell it was authentically her signature. In 2000 Christine and the Mac were wash ups and not really searching for memorabilia so most people just glossed it over. The seller put up his story that made sense. It was 1990 and the Mac was on tour and he was in a restaurant and there was a fuss that members of the band were there. I dont even think the guy knew exactly who Christine was but he went up to her and asked for her autograph and she signed a big signature on a cocktail napkin.
I loved the story and I loved this cocktail napkin. The signature took up almost the entire napkin. Here is the clincher..........wait for it.
He was asking $20. He held on to it for 10 years. I remember considering buying it but did not buy it. OMG, can you imagine how cool it would be to go around with a Christine McVie cocktail napkin in your wallet.
Opportunities come along like this once in life and I lost out
Today I am sure it would fetch more money. 2000 was the dark days of Fleetwood Mac.
Dang girl, you old!

I don't have much signed memorabilia, other than a guitar I've had signed by a few heroes, when I was doing sound for them, and a few signed posters(mostly country acts, so I won't bore you...).

I too am cheap, but I would have paid $20 for that napkin. Just like the backstage pass, $20 is nothing, $50 triggers my wallet padlock to snap shut!

When BuckVie was in Nashville, a friend told me where Lindsey and Christine were eating dinner, but I didn't go. That's not my style. I've worked with enough smaller stars that I try to never bother people like that, as much as it's tempting. Can you imagine chatting over dinner with the two of them?

I mean, before she let him get thrown under the bus...