View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Great analogy. You know what brought my love back to Don't Stop? I have felt in the past that it was so boring and over played.

When Christine came back, I could hear her style in the piano and the vocal harmony was back. vs. the SYW and later live versions. She makes it better better better better!!!! nah, nah nah .. nah nah nah.. Hey Jude...
Not sure how much she was playing though. On With The Show they did a close up on the monitor of her playing parts of it. As the years went on, not sure she played that much. It was sad when she could not play songbird anymore.

I have always liked Don't Stop. It just gels so well together. Lindsey and Christine's voice merge together so well its hard to tell they take different parts. The shuffle is so catchy and its such an uplifting song. I guess I am in the minority because this song and Go Your Own Way and You Make Loving Fun are probably the only songs I listen to on the radio when they come on these days.
Its been an anthem for me all of my life so I will never turn my back on the song like you traitors
The Mac used to play it early in the set. Once Lindsey left is when it became a closer and sing along anthem which I have no problem with.