View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know! i loved the whole interview but really loved reading this part:
I wonder which album Mick is referencing? Gift Of Screws is the most likely culprit. I've always wondered what the gestation time was for Out Of The Cradle, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
It wasn't just John who stayed drunk for decades, that was all of them. It also wasn't just Stevie and Mick who did cocaine, that was all of them too.
John was most certainly the poster boy for drunkenness, and Stevie was the poster child for coke addiction. The others did the same things, but Stevie & John certainly took those vices to the extremes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Thanks, Elle for posting this article. Honest and superbly written, I don't think I can recall reading a better article about the band. It's certainly the best piece of journalism I have read about Mick and his life.
As much sh*t as we all give Mick, his unabashed honesty and self effacing nature make him incredibly endearing. I do wonder what caused the dissolution of his most recent marriage, though. I assume he strayed one too many times, as always. Or was Lynn tired of being second fiddle to the band? It does make me happy to hear Mick is getting closer to his older daughters, though. It has always sounded like he mostly abandoned them for stardom.