View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
or 2000s. Thrown Down. she claims he is in love with her again and wants her back in Thrown Down. he was a newly married man with 2 babies at the time. yet she got only awwwws for that, not how inappropriate that is for her to claim he's still / again in love with her.
But Lindsey’s solo album was full of songs suggesting he was in love with her too and that his son’s conception changed things. So I’m not sure why anyone would criticize Stevie for the content of her songs then, when he was casting away dreams.

I don’t think that things he is saying are necessarily untrue. But when she said them it made her sound conceited, delusional and desperate. Now it is making him sound like that, to me. Even if he is being truthful (or thinks he is) I wish he would stop. I have a double standard. I admit it. Take plastic surgery. Yes I think it looks bad on women, but I think it looks even worse on men. I judge Wayne Newton’s face more harshly then I judge Cher’s. That’s how I feel about Lindsey claiming Stevie never got over him. Looks worse when he does it. Frankly, I wish he would tell me why Ken Caillat hates his guts so much. I wouldn’t mind an interview about why KEN is so jealous of him.

I used to cringe when Stevie would say things like Don Henley bought her flowers and LB got so jealous about it.

Do I believe Stevie got mad about his movements on stage? Yes I do. I have thought it since my first SYW show. He doesn’t need to say it though. We can talk about it among ourselves.

I feel the main thing is that Lindsey thought he had as much say in the band as she did. He thought he could argue back and force compromise when she didn’t agree. It doesn’t matter whether it was a tour schedule, a double album, a track list, an EP . . . She got tired of arguing with him about it. She got tired of the negotiations. She felt that if she wanted something her way, it should happen her way, without further discussion.

When you feel that way, you should be a solo artist. However she felt that because she is the main draw in Fleetwood Mac, she should make the decisions with her manager and the band should agree. And Lindsey would not stop resisting.

Also, let’s keep in mind that Lindsey also has a bunch of things to say about Mrs. Buckingham, if you give him a chance. He’s a fruitcake.I mean, don’t get me wrong. I love fruit cake, but most people don’t.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-26-2021 at 04:42 PM..