View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I agree...I really don't think John would do anything like this, ever. I honestly think he is done.

I myself am not one who enjoys hearing people covering other people's songs...tribute or no tribute. the cover just usually falls way short of hitting any mark. IMO a more effective tribute would be a little montage of her amazing decade long career, played to clips of her most popular songs. mick can say a little something on the band's behalf.

but the idea of bonnie raitt or whoever doing songbirg?? come on. it just makes me cringe.

--Lis
I agree 100%. I would rather see a photo montage and video clips running the gamut from her early blues days to Buck/Vie, with Mick saying a few words.

I don’t have a problem with Sheryl Crow or Bonnie Raitt, but I’m not sure how their rendition of Songbird is going to work out. Heck, even Mick saying a few words, followed by a video of Christine singing Songbird would seem to be a more fitting tribute. But like everyone else, I’ll be tuning in hoping it does Christine justice.