View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 09:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think losing Tom Petty was a big factor here. First, it brought home how short life is and probably made Stevie think about how she wanted to spend the time she has left performing. The fact is that she and Lindsey maybe got along during The Dance but since then it’s been pretty bad between them. And then the BuckVie album seriously pissed her off. So she’s had issues to stew over that would make her want to get rid of Lindsey.

Second, wanting to tour with Mike and give him that opportunity absolutely was a factor. And having a manager who has worked with the Eagles on big money tours after losing original members made it clear that FM could still be profitable without Lindsey.

I think that she might have found a way to push Lindsey out anyway. But losing Tom provided a lot of motivation for it to happen when it did.

I think these interview aren’t a good look for anyone. I don’t think Lindsey can really be worse off though. It’s not like he got great press even when he was fired. But seeing seventy-something millionaires’ petty bickering over 50 year old slights is just gross. Most people probably don’t get beyond the thought that they all suck and should know better. A smaller number than that will support Stevie. An even smaller number will support Lindsey. But most think they’re all ridiculous. Which they are.

Last edited by anusha; 09-09-2021 at 09:56 PM..