View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

when I have time I will do a good vinyl rip of the original single. I have a fairly good copy at home. The problem with a lot of those vinyl rips is they are done with crappy crap crappppppppy USB Crosley turntables or similar., with TERRIBLE cartridges and CRAPPY styluses and incredible terrible tonearms with crappy speed control which pitches the records up or down in key a little. Did I mention that those things are crappy? They dont get the lows or highs and seem to amplify every single pop and crack. Then they have some type of computer program that processes the heck out of it in some attempt to noise reduce that scrubs every nuisance out of the vinyl resulting in something that sounds like a 1997 Real Audio file.

I have a nice direct drive turntable with a fairly high level Rega tonearm and a terrific Shure cartridge that I feed into a Pioneer sx-1010 that has been recapped and has a very lovely phono preamp in it.

What I plan to so it run the turntable into the preamp and then out the Tape Out directly into my Macbook. I will try and get the single "lossless" as I can and then convert it to something downloadable and put it online for you.