Thread: Feel About you
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There was a new album and there was a big world tour.

Imagine living with the bitterness that plagued them for most of that lineup’s existence.

Would LBCM have been better if Stevie had participated, though? Is there anything lacking that Stevie Nicks circa 2014-16 could have contributed that would have enhanced the album? Or, would it have been another TITN? I suspect the latter.

And, really, we wouldn’t have gotten nearly as many new songs in concert if LBCM had been credited to Fleetwood Mac.

We got three more years of the classic five, we got an album, we got to see Christine in smaller, more intimate venues having the time of her life, and some of us got to see the kind of setlist we’d been hoping for from Fleetwood Mac for decades. As far as endings go, it could have been worse.
You are talking about history already knowing it. Was Buck/Vie better without Stevie? Probably. But my point is that when Chris returned there was a spark with Chris and Lindsey wanting to record and doing demos. They shelved their work and went out on the road. Our dreams had come true. We anticipated a new album of the 5 and a tour promoting it.
We have not heard them harmonize on an album since 1982. You cant say Little Lies because we are not sure when Stevie did those vocals. Its just plain dumb. Stevie put up with all that drama but could not wrap her Mac career up in a bow in the end. Her jealousy of them going on without her was so selfish.