View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
re MacMan4Life: One thing I got from the video on this thread is how Stevie never mentioned about going to Prince concerts and hearing Little Corvette before her marriage date in January 1983. She forgets??

Yep, it sure puts things in perspective. Maybe some experiences are just PR.

re: HomerMcVie What a douche nozzle.
Ha! True. I may just have to borrow "The Douche Nozzle" as a title of a playlist.
I was always suspicious of that story because it just did not seem logical. You just got married and your husband is driving the car and a new song comes on the radio that you never heard and instruct him to pull over so you can write a song. How are you into a song so much that you never heard before. I believe she got married Jan 29, 1983. Little Red Corvette was officially released as the second single in early Feb. 1983. Timing is perfect.
Now I understand her "excitement." She had been to Prince shows and heard the song. The song in the car triggered the memories of the concert and maybe trying to dance with Prince. I think we all sort have been there before where we like a song, maybe go to a concert but the song is not played on the radio (yet). When you hear it the first time on the radio, it is exciting (even though you have heard it before). Its more than the song that inspired Stevie. It was all the hanging out with Prince at concerts and backstage parties. No wonder she wanted him to play on the song.

Gee, it gives the song a new perspective with Prince trying to ignore her "maybe your attention was more than you could do" I see a long line of people wanting to get to see Prince and get close to him. Maybe this is where the line "its alright to be standing in a line" comes from. Maybe when Prince saw her pull up her dress he said "Stand Back" I'm getting visions of her bending over and pulling up her dress saying "like a willow, I can bend."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-17-2021 at 06:10 AM..