View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 01:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

I thought it was interesting that Mick mentioned Neil and Mike as members of the band yesterday. I can’t imagine either of them actually consider themselves FM members when not on the last tour. Right now, I think there’s too much grief about Chris to really consider touring without her. But I also think that John is not likely to want to tour anymore, and it’s a much harder sell as FM without the McVies.

Stevie has no reason to go back to FM. Now that Chris is gone, Stevie won’t be the reason the band gives for not reuniting. We know that matters to her from the great lengths the band went to in lying about how Stevie made sure Lindsey was fired from the band. And, as it is, Stevie hates Lindsey and doesn’t want to perform with him anymore. I think FM used up the audience willingness to pay big dollars for a tour with replacements in 2018-2019. With two of the main songwriters out of the band, it’s just not a compelling ticket now. So the choice is some ragtag, not mega profitable tour with Mick and replacements or her own tour. Not a hard choice since the Stevie solo tour brings the same or more money and more cachet too.

I hope Mick doesn’t need money at this point. I really do. I get that he may want to keep gigging, but I think the big touring paydays are done. They probably already knew that in 2018-2019. But now it’s for sure.