View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not an apologist, just a fan who was tired of seeing the band on autopilot with completely predictable setlists, guitar solos, etc. and the over reliance on prerecords.

The highlight of the LBCM tour, for me, was seeing Christine having a good time on stage as well as hearing WYWH and “Hold Me” live. Otherwise, it was total Memorex, and that’s not my cup of tea.

I mean, I wasnÂ’t a fan of the classic lineup not riding out into the sunset, but I was also not a fan of the prospect of another Memorex tour void of any spontaneity (aside from the ridiculously long, rambling speeches). I still would have gone because I wasnÂ’t missing Mick, John, and especially Christine at their ages, but there would have been a frustration with that, too.

There were no perfect options for 2018. However, I got to hear all of the standards as well as Fleetwood Mac deep cuts and Lindsey Buckingham deep cuts, just not together. ThatÂ’s more than I would have gotten without the split.

Where did she say that? I havenÂ’t really seen her comment too much about it. Anyway, those early shows were remarkable and courageous by Fleetwood Mac standards.
Again, she said it to Zane Lowe.

I would say the 2003 and 2013 setlists were courageous by FM standards. Lots of new songs in 2003 plus Beautiful Child and return of Never Going Back Again. 2013 had the return of Sisters of the Moon after 30 years, a Buckingham Nicks demo, a new FM song, Not that Funny, Eyes of the World after 10 years. And as a fan of Stevie's costumes, they certainly were awesome for that.

Stevie showed no courage in 2018. Storms was done 80 times on Unleashed. Black Magic Woman is not her song and she spoke sang her way through it and did her ah-ah-ah-ahs.

If there was not going to be any new music in 2018 and they were truly courageous, they would have done 3 Behind The Mask Songs by Rick and Billy. Dropped Lindsey's 3 songs and do 3 from Time: Talkin To My Heart, Blow by Blow, and I Got It in For You. Stevie would have done Crystal, Angel, Affairs of the Heart, Sara, and No Questions Asked instead of Dreams, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, Black Magic Woman, and Free Fallin' - keep Rhiannon for the hits fans and Storms so she could sing it to Mick.

I thought Christine's songs were fine.

Other than Tusk, what songs had prerecords in the 2014 Tour?